Some Kind Beauty Products Which I Use

I prefer to do Cruelty-free skin care and cosmetics. But, it now seems that some big companies outsource their products to be animal tested whilst they, in turn, say that they don't test on animals. After thinking about this, I've realised that, of course, I probably have been hoodwinked by this, too.

And then there are the existing skin care and makeup bits and pieces that probably are not completely cruelty free, that we already have. What shall we do here? I have chosen, rightly or wrongly, to just use them up. Because I also hate waste, and try very hard not to clutter up Mother Earth with non-biodegradable rubbish.

What a quandary. But, I suppose that we can just do our best, in any situation. And, I also appreciate that this is a personal decision.

So, what have am I currently using that ticks all the boxes, for me? And, these are not sponsored items!!

My current skin care

Apparently Palmers products are not tested on animals. Yippee! I use their amazing Palmers Cleansing Facial Oil, which gets off all make-up, and also leaves skin lovely and soft. Another bonus is that I no longer wake-up with panda eyes, which always used to happen, even after after having cleansed my tiny amount of eye make-up off, the night before. And I love their Cocoa Butter Lotion, scented or unscented. Scented is fine for me as I don't mind smelling delicious (it smells of chocolate!) I buy the oil and lotion only when they are on sale.

I am using Christie Brinkley day cream, and night cream, to make you look mysteriously like a teenager, as Christie, aged 64, does. No comment here. They were gifted and I am ploughing my way through them, but they are too rich for my still oily skin. And I still look like me, I haven't morphed into something amazing. I hope that no-one gives me any more, I would never buy it as I don't like the stuff.

I have often used Essano Vitamin C skin care products. They are made in New Zealand, and are in the supermarket. I first tried them when I was gifted a small pack, and I love all of the products which I've tried. I'm currently using their Rosehip serum (gifted), which I really do like, and occasionally I buy their wipes for when I'm away overnight, when they are on special. And the other product which I have actually bought, is their creamy cleanser - very good.

                            Image result for rosehips nz
                                   beautiful rose hips

I'm still using Antipodes amazing day oil, but I've finished their lovely night oil. I think I'll start mixing the day oil with my serum.

I always have  kawakawa balm made by a friend, and that is useful for almost everything. Dab it on mozzie (and flea) bites and the itching goes away, so I used it a lot this past summer. She also has an amazing kawakawa face cream, which increases collagen in your skin, which keeps skin youthful.

                                Image result for kawakawa
                     New Zealand's much loved kawakawa plant

I always have rosewater, which I don't always use. Sometimes I make it myself with majestically smelling rose petals, and lavishly use it up quick, because it only lasts a week. Other times, I have again, been gifted it by my friend Camellia who has also made me wonderful oil mixes and moisturisers (yes, I know, I'm totally spoilt). Other good sources of rosewater are Indian or Middle Eastern food shops.
                               
What I really like about Camellia's products, is that they are custom made, just for the buyer (or giftee, who in this case was me), and are incredibly effective. She has also given me scrubs, masks, sponges and a towel- scrubby thing. I love all that she does.

And I haven't yet used up my amazing Clarins night skin care. Yes, another gift. (thank you, grand daughter)

I'm really not into body washes, but I love sandalwood soap. I buy it at fairs and put it in my drawers to make clothes smell nice. A hand crafted Rose scent would be my second choice, and sometimes I think that perhaps using a chocolatey smell to go with the Palmers would be rather clever.....

Weight update

I have been a bit frantic, thinking that I had put the weight back on. And so I braved the dreaded scales again. Actually I've maintained, and gone down another 1/2 kilo... with no effort of the sort that one usually does, regarding exercise and diet. What have I been doing?
  • Just puttering along
  • Eating smaller portions
  • Mostly eating only three times a day (but not always)
  • Having an early dinner
  • Moving around a lot more, whether at home or when I'm out and about. 
  • Doing specific yoga breathing to get my metabolism going a bit quicker. 
Oh, and today I had to toss out some of my clothes! They are now too big. I shall hold out for some more weight loss before getting more clothes.

Comments